Minecraft works across platforms, including Windows laptop/ PC, Mac, Android mobile phone, iPhone, Xbox, and PlayStation.
Minecraft download is available for PCs, laptops, and mobile phones. The popular 8-bit game with a procedurally generated open world works across platforms, including Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone, Xbox, and PlayStation. Developed by Swedish developers Mojang and currently owned by Microsoft, the game allows users to explore terrains and build a virtual world using blocks and other resources. It’s been close to 12 years since the first build of the game was released and its popularity has nothing but soared. The Minecraft game has been among the best-selling video games of all time, with 200 million copies sold and 126 million monthly active users as of 2020. Whether you are a true gamer or not, you definitely need to check out this game. Here’s an easy step-by-step guide on how to download Minecraft game for free on PC, laptop, and mobile phone:
There are two versions of Minecraft games: Minecraft for Windows 10 and Minecraft Java Edition. The latter is a bit more popular and supports cross-platform play, including Windows, macOS, and Linux, and mod. The Minecraft for Windows 10 aka Bedrock edition, which was previously known as Pocket edition, is available for Windows 10, iOS and Android devices, PS4, Xbox One, and other consoles. Read on how to download them on your PC and laptop.
How to download Minecraft game for free on PC/ laptop (Windows 10)
The Minecraft for Windows 10 (Bedrock edition) free download for PC/ laptop is only available for the trial version, which offers 1 hour 40 minutes game time or 5 in-game days. You’ll have to purchase the game after that to continue playing. Here’s how you can download the trial version of Minecraft for Windows 10 free on your PC or laptop.
- Fire up your browser on PC
- Search ‘Minecraft Free Trial’. Alternatively, you can click on this link
- Click on the Windows icon
- It’ll redirect you to ‘Minecraft for Windows 10’ page on Microsoft Store
- There choose ‘Free Trial’
- Login with your Microsoft ID, if you haven’t, to download Minecraft trial version on your PC and laptop
- Open the downloaded file to install the game
The Minecraft Bedrock Edition paid version for PC in India is available at Rs 1,474.
Minecraft for Windows 10 edition system requirements
The minimum system requirements for this edition of Minecraft game are as follows:
- Windows 10 version 14393.0 or higher
- Intel Celeron J4105 | AMD FX-4100
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 | AMD Radeon R5
- 4GB RAM
- ARM, x64, and x86 architecture
How to download Minecraft Java Edition on PC/ laptop
The Minecraft Java Edition download for PC is not available for free. You’ll have to make a purchase. There are two variants of this edition: Starter Collection and Master Collection. The former is available at Rs 1,674, while the Minecraft Java Edition Master Collection will set you back to Rs 2,724. Per Microsoft, the difference between the two collections is that the Master Collection comes with 1000 Minecoins, while the Starter Collection comes with 700 Minecoins. Besides the Minecoin difference, the Master Collection includes a few more Skin packs.
- To download Minecraft Java Edition on PC/ laptop, visit minecraft.ne
- Choose ‘Get Minecraft’
- Select Computer from the list of available devices, followed by platform. The Minecraft Java Edition supports Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- After this, Mac and Linux users will get to buy Minecraft Java Edition. On the other hand, Windows users will be given two games to purchase: Minecraft Java Edition and Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition. Choose the option that you want and proceed with payment
- Once the payment is done, users will easily be able to download and install Minecraft Java Edition on their PC
Minecraft Java Edition system requirements
The minimum system requirements for Minecraft Java Edition for PC are as follows:
- Windows, Linux, or macOS
- Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz/ AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or equivalent
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Ivy Bridge) or AMD Radeon R5 series (Kaveri line) with OpenGL 4.4*
- Nvidia GeForce 400 Series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series with OpenGL 4.4
- 4GB RAM
- 1GB storage
How to download Minecraft on phone
Much like PC/ laptop, the Minecraft free download for mobile phones is also available for the trial version that too for Android users. The full version of the game for both Android mobile phone and iPhone remains paid. You will have to purchase the Minecraft game from the respective Google Play Store and App Store to download it on your smartphone. The game will cost Rs 650 on Play Store and Rs 599 on Apple App Store. Minecraft’s full version gives you access to various modes, including Creative that comes with unlimited resources, Survival in which users will have to fend off mobs by crafting weapons and armoury, and Multiplayer to play with up to 10 friends online. Here’s how to download Minecraft on your phone:
- Head to the app marketplace, i.e. Google Play Store for Android and App Store for iOS, and search ‘Minecraft’.
- Alternatively, click on these links – Minecraft download for Android, Minecraft download for iPhone
- Tap on the title, which is developed by Mojang
- Purchase the game from the store
- After the payment is successful, click on the install button
- Minecraft game will download on your smartphone
- Start exploring the virtual world of Minecraft after it’s installed
How to play Minecraft for free on PC online
The Minecraft game is available for PC/ laptop users for free online. The game can be played on pretty much any browser for Windows and macOS out there. However, there is one caveat: Mojang offers the earliest version of Minecraft that was launched in 2009 to play online. The version comes with an old interface and just 32 blocks to build along with all original buds.
- To play Minecraft for free on PC online, visit https://classic.minecraft.net/ website
- Pick a username and choose ‘Start’
What is Minecraft download size on PC and mobile phone?
Minecraft game download size varies based on versions and operating systems. The game’s Windows 10 free version for PC is about 170MB, while the Minecraft Java Edition comes in at 525MB. As for the mobile phone, the Minecraft game download size is somewhere around 150MB. It’s worth mentioning that the size is without different worlds, resource packs, data packs, and other features. At least 1GB of storage is required to play this game on your device seamlessly.
Minecraft servers 2021
Minecraft can be played on many servers that come with their own self-contained multiplayer world, rules, gameplay style, and communities. Here are a few best Minecraft Servers you can try in 2021:
- MINEPLEX – IP: eu.mineplex.com or us.mineplex.com || Server: Minecraft survival server
- GRAND THEFT MINECART – IP: mc-gtm.net || Server: Minecraft survival server
- BRAWL – IP: brawl.com || Server: Minecraft battle royale server
- PIRATECRAFT – IP: mc.piratemc.com || Server: Minecraft RPG server
- MINECRAFT MIDDLE EARTH – IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com || Server: Minecraft RPG server