Paneer tikka is a delicious vegetarian alternative to chicken tikka in Indian finger food. The preparation of this delectable vegetarian appetizer is straightforward. At home, make restaurant-style paneer tikka by marinating paneer, onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes in spices and yogurt. After that, it’s cooked in a pan or on a Tawa. Paneer tikka is typically served with onion slices, coriander mint chutney, and lemon wedges.
Household Tips And Tricks For Making The Best Paneer Tikka:
- Either a nonstick frying pan or a well-seasoned Tawa should be used. If you don’t use a well-seasoned Tawa or a nonstick frying pan, the paneer will adhere to the Tawa and eventually burn the tikkas.
- Make sure you use fresh yogurt. Ensure the yogurt doesn’t contain a lot of whey and is thick. If there is too much whey in your yogurt, don’t worry. Filter the yogurt using cotton or cheesecloth. Refrigerate it for a few hours or until you have a thick yogurt.
- Apply oil to your Tawa and turn on the burner to season it. Please switch off the stove and wipe the fat off the Tawa after it has heated up. Proceed with the paneer tikka recipe after repeating this method twice or three times.
This popular vegetarian meal can be served with chapati, naan, or bread.
- 250 to 300 grams of paneer
- 1 big bell pepper
- 1 big onion
- 1 big tomato
- MARINATION REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 1/4 cups thick yoghurt
- Four tablespoons besan (gram flour)
- 12 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 12 teaspoons black pepper powder
- teaspoon Kasuri methi
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- One teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- One teaspoon dried mango powder
- 2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 34 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- a third of a teaspoon of lime juice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of oil
- a quarter teaspoon of salt
- Cut the paneer into squares or rectangles as the first step. Please make sure they’re at least 14 inches thick.
- Separate the slices of the onion by cutting them into cubes.
- Cut the bell pepper and tomatoes into square pieces with a sharp knife.
- Set aside the chopped and diced veggies and paneer while performing the marination stage.
- In a mixing basin, whisk together the thick yoghurt.
- Combine all of the spices, gram flour, salt, lime juice, and herbs in a bowl of whisked yogurt. Mix everything up thoroughly. Taste the marinade and make any necessary adjustments.
- Add the diced and chopped veggies, as well as the 14-inch paneer to the pan.
- Distribute the marinade evenly over the paneer and veggies.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the marinade for 45 minutes to 3 hours.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a nonstick frying pan and cook the marinated veggies and paneer on a low to the medium burner.
- Because paneer cubes cook faster than veggies, carefully lift and turn them over once they are golden brown on one side.
- Arrange the veggies and paneer on a platter once everything has been uniformly cooked.
- While the paneer cubes and veggies are still hot, skewer them.
- Garnish with mint chutney, onion slices, and lemon wedges this skewered paneer tikka.